Thursday, May 12, 2011

Round 2

Marathon Round 2... I have been thinking about giving the Saint George marathon another shot for a few months now finally the last day I was able to register I decided...why not. The Saint George Marathon has so many runner's register that they have to cap the race at 7,400 runners. All the runner's chosen are selected on a lottery basis. Monday May 9th the results were posted online as to who was chosen. I went to search for my name not once but multiple times and everytime and it said "sorry you have not been selected." I was a little bummed but overall fine with the results. Yes I did want to run but I felt kind of relieved. I gave up on the idea and just decided to chose other races to run. However, Wednesday morning I was checking my email and I recieved an email from the marathon staff stating "congratulations runner you have been chosen as a particpant in the 2011 marathon." At this point I was a little confused. Was I in or was I not in. I didnt know! I decided to contact the marathon staff and ask them. They then informed me that I was in! I guess when I registered I put my first inital that is why I was unable to find my name online. Funny thing is I went to search for my name again and I still never found it. HA HA. Oh well! Im in! I couldn't be more nervous, overwhelmed or excited. I cant wait to do this again, and hopefully do it better! I have a goal in mind and I am going to try my hardest to reach it. Plus I need to find my love for running again and this will be the exact race to do that for me! My Saint George Marathon race round 2 is going down Oct 1st 2011. Let the training begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment