Saturday, June 11, 2011

Count backwards 10,9,8....

And gone. As simple as that! So I had surgery yesturday and Im going to jot down this lovely first surgery expierence. First off, let me backup. In case you haven't heard I got in a total intense street fight with the Ex bf. Yep, the two of us went at it, fists at all. I got him pretty dang good seriously if you think I look bad you should see him. Haha!! Nah, that's not what really went down let's just say im a "world class" biker. I was out doing my thing lost my balance and of course stetched my arm out so I could use my wrist to catch myself. Bad, Bad idea. What was I thinking...my wrist could have never supported my fall. Well I guess I was thinking I had much more power in my arm then I really do. Cause I freaking broke my wrist in three places oh and did I mention it's my right arm. Yeah, simple things have become much more difficult than normal but im managing alright. Well I knew as soon as I fell that my wrist was broken heck it was bent, and bulging out, and just hanging there. I was in so much pain for a few seconds then to cope with the pain my body went into shock. I immediently got extemely hot, dizzy, and lightheaded. At this point I totally forgot about my arm and was trying not to pass out. Finally after getting home and under control I once again realized my arm was aching so off to the instacare I went and sure enough it was broken. Later on that week I went to the orthepedic office and it was decided  that the best option for me was surgery. They needed to put a plate and screws in my arm to fix the damage I had done. Plus, this again is my dominant hand I cant take any chances of my arm not healing right. That would not be good. Wednesday morning was my surgery. I got up bright and early and headed to orem community. I got registered and prepped for surgery right away. I was given a insulated gown to change into, wonderful socks, and some under shorts. I was looking good! The nurse came in and started my IV, then the anesthesiologist came in and gave me an axillary nerve block. Coolest thing ever! He basically stuck a needle under the skin by my armpit and blocked my axillary nerve. This was done so I would feel nothing in my arm for 18hrs. It was crazy! My whole right arm started twitching then from my armpit to my fingertips I couldn't feel a thing. It was great. After the nerve block I was rolled into the OR given general anesthia and I was out. 2hrs later I was woken up and feeling a little out of it but everything was over. Heck, that was the easiest thing I have ever done, best nap ever!! Haha. My recovery went really smooth. I was rolled back into my room where my mom was waiting for patiently for me. I requested some fluids..grape juice. Haha yep and guessed what happened with that one I freaking up chucked grape juice flavor. Other than this little mishap I went home feeling pretty coherht. I was given pain meds up to my eyeballs and my arm was numb so I was feeling nothing...which was bliss! I have just been relaxing and chilling at home, taking it easy and of course milking this for everything it's worth!!
My Undershorts!! After the surgery the only thing I cared about was taking these shorts home. HaHa they were my favorite part of surgery. Yes, they are pretty much made of nothing but I sported these beauties all day long!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Linnea!! I am so sorry about your wrist, I probably would have passed out! I love your cute pictures, those shorts are amazing. And the socks... I have like 5 pairs:)

    ReplyDelete