Thursday, March 8, 2012

One year later and another One big white envelope

Just around this time a year ago the Grimes family was in Saint George as Lindsey opened a very big white envelope. Last night was no different from that moment......
.................................................................................


except the fact that it was Steven's turn. Did I fool any of you in the above picture?? Ha probably not cause let's be serious that would be a funny joke. Plus I have been telling everyone about steven's good news all week because I have been so dang excited. Good one nea! Last night was a party, family and friends filled our family room as the much anticipated call was opened. Steven has been called to labor in the Santiago Chile East Mission! He will report to the Missionary Training Center on May 9th. We may have all freaked out just a bit! Just a short two months away. Steven is so excited and spent the whole night researching the country of Chile and saying his mission over and over again. To say he is excited and ready to go I think is an understatment.



Way to go Steven!! I am so proud of you. You are going to be an amazing missionary! Love ya!! :)

The night ended with a surprise phone call....



(Video is being stupid....I will work on posting it soon!)

Lindsey had no idea Steven was preparing to go a Mission and we gave her the best announcement last night. This was an awesome moment and possibly my favorite part of the entire evening!!!

2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow!!! That was my mission:) The Laycock's are the mission president right?? Tell him congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Steven!! The video won't work for me right now but I'll keep trying. That is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete