Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bookin it for Boobies

Today I ran my first 5k of the season.


It was the Susan G. Komen race for the cure Salt Lake City!


Thousands gathered this morning at Liberty Park in Salt Lake City and...I was lucky enough to be in the crowd.
Did you know that every 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. Also the
American Cancer Society estimates that in 2012, about 226,870 women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer and about 39,510 will die from breast cancer. These are not good odds! So...what was done today??
Today... we were all fighting..."fighting against breast cancer!"

At the starting line.... (getting ready to "Fight like a girl"....that's the only way to do it!)

after the race, built ford TOUGH!
My cute friend Jessica and I did the race together!
Ford was one of the many sponsors for this 5K.
 Jessica works at a Ford dealership and they hooked us up with these cute t-shirts and payed our registration fee. It was awesome and I was super grateful! This 5k was not timed. Which was good for me. At this point in time I dont think I am ready to be competitive so it was nice to have a relaxed race. I was able to just get out there and enjoy every aspect of running. It was a great run! Now, Im excited to get back into racing. (I forgot how much I loved it )
This was one of the funnest experiences I have had running a 5k. The organization for this event was awesome, the route was great, and of course the crowd topped it all!
This 5k will most definitely make it on my list of races for 2013. I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment