Monday, May 28, 2012

No early work day...so it started with a race


Our local city put on a free 5K this morning. I of course had to take advantage of a free race so I recruited the sister and some friends and we ran around the streets of American Fork bright and early this morning.


 We had a good time! Right now running still feels "hard" and I have become quite humbled as I get back into it. However, I am loving these free races that are allowing me to train and put myself back into running shoes. Its slowly coming back and I look forward to my upcoming summer training.

After the race I went home and went back to bed. If I have a day off of work I am going to enjoy it by getting myself some extra sleep! I then just spent the rest of the day being lazy which was perfect.

Happy Memorial Day!

What a great day to reflect and remember those men and women who have and who are serving for this great country. I appreciate their personal sacrafice for the freedom we all now enjoy. May these men and women continue to be in our everday thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment